Thursday, August 18, 2011

energy!

for an hour or so last night.  about 5 PM, I said to Hannah and john,

I want my Hannah back

the one that laughs

smiles

claps

throws things off her highchair

crawls around

climbs the stairs 

about an hour later…she was back!!

crawling

climbing

running in her car

smiling

clapping

throwing

laughing

signing

then she went to sleep only to wake up at 3 AM…not so happy.

Had a hard night last night at home, she was just uncomfortable as the pain sets in, not to mention learning how to swallow again, differently. My sister is on her way over now to relieve us for a while, then my mom is set to be here all day too…I now know what they mean when they say to be prepared with respite care…we need it. I hope as she gets used to her new mouth things will get easier…another mom told me the first week is the hardest to get thru…we are half way there.

my friend Marlo sent us an email yesterday…her words are incredibly touching. Thank you Marlo, for reminding us of what we take for granted.

we live in this age of incredible technology that will allow Hannah to have a life rich with sounds.    Look how intuitive she is already, having coped for 15 months with limited hearing. Her spirit, strength and adaptability are inspirational.”

1 comment:

  1. The quote from Marlo is spot-on and so perfect. Adaptability is the key. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Hannah's fan club